We design and install Structured Wiring to enable the discrete distribution of audio, video, telephone and data signals. We are also CEDIA Certified Structured Cabling Assessors.
What Is It?
Put simply, Structured Wiring allows the discrete distribution of audio, video, telephone and data signals; this technology should be installed into all new build and refurbished houses. The cabling should be installed at the 1st fix stage, i.e. when the electrical cables are installed into the fabric of the building.
The benefits of installing a good infrastructure at a build or refurbishment stage are multifold.
Why Have It?
- The ability to discretely integrate and distribute Internet, Entertainment (TV, satellite and music), Computer and Communication systems around the home without having to trail any additional wires.
- Enables the home for future Digital Healthcare applications. Vital with today's ageing population
- Is likely to increase the value of the home by ensuring that future buyers’ home technology needs are met
- Preserves the décor and structure of the home by planning for future needs (retrofitting cables can be disruptive and costly!)
- Provides the correct wired infrastructure to enable a robust wireless network.
- The ability to enjoy multi-room media systems throughout the home.
GRS Controls are proud to be certified CEDIA Structured Cabling Assessors, which means we can assess and certify all structured wiring cabling to all recognised grades. After we have assessed and tested the installation, whether we have installed it or not, we are then able to issue a full certificate from CEDIA to the client.
These industry standards have been introduced by CEDIA so that you can be assured your installation has been performed correctly and is fit for purpose.
To discuss your requirements, or for more information, contact us for an informal chat.